- Chartered Accountant FCA
- Certified Fraud Examiner CFE
- Insolvency Practitioner IP
- Bachelor of Commerce B.Com
- Fitter & Machinist
- Justice of the Peace (Qualified)
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia ICAA
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners ACFE
- Member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association ARITA
- Member of the Forensic Accounting Special Interest Group FASIG
- Member of the Business Valuations Special Interest Group BVSIG
- Past President (Founding) of the ACFE Brisbane Chapter
Steven is the founding Director of Forensic Accounting QLD. His skills and strengths are drawn from a diverse background, allowing him to offer a thorough and rounded professional service.
Steven’s expertise in Forensic Investigations dates from his work as an Auditor and Insolvency Practitioner and culminated in his tenure as the Forensic Principal of a large mid-tier firm, specialising in Forensic Accounting. Prior experience with professional service firms included both Big 4 and smaller companies in the areas of Audit, Insolvency, Tax and Business Consulting.
A strong business background, including running a family engineering company together with senior roles in the accounting profession is enhanced by Steven’s ten years’ experience working within the engineering sector as a tradesman.
Adopting a “hands-on” approach to every assignment undertaken by his company, Steven closely oversees, scrutinizes and takes responsibility for all areas of practice, including Expert Accountants’ reports and Expert Evidence.
Steven has appeared as an expert witness (for both plaintiff and defendant) and/or assisted in mediation and compulsory conferences in the following jurisdictions:
- Federal Court of Australia
- Federal Circuit Court of Australia
- Family Court
- Administrative Appeals Tribunal
- Supreme Court of Queensland
- Supreme Court of Tasmania
- District Court of Queensland
- Magistrates Court of Queensland
- Magistrates Court of Tasmania
- Retail Shop & Leases Tribunal