Expert Evidence: Bryna Pty Ltd & Anor v Wallerstein
The decision in Bryna Pty Ltd & Anor v Wallerstein; Wallerstein v Bryna Pty Ltd & Ors  QSC 29 was recently handed down by the Queensland Supreme Court Chief Justice.
This was a large complex commercial matter involving the analysis of hundreds of financial transactions over a 15 year time frame. An added complexity in the matter arose as a result of the transactions being made for the benefit of certain family members involved.
A detailed independent expert report was prepared, with our founding Director, Steven Ponsonby Steven Ponsonby giving expert evidence in the matter. In respect of Mr Ponsonby’s involvement, the Chief Justice summarised it very succinctly at paragraph 64 of the judgement:
“I accepted the evidence of the forensic accountant Mr Ponsonby.”
Click here to read the full judgment.
- Expert Evidence: IW & CA Price Constructions Pty Ltd v Australian Building Insurance Services Pty Ltd
- Expert Evidence: Armstrong v Alexandra Group Holdings Ltd
- Expert Evidence: PSAL Ltd -v- Kellas-Sharpe & Ors
- Expert Evidence: Murray -v- the Commissioner of Taxation
- Expert Evidence: Promoseven Pty Ltd -v- PPD (Cairns) Pty Ltd